We often have people ask us “How do I know if I have a hearing loss that needs to be evaluated by a professional?” or “How can I tell if I need hearing aids?”
While every case is unique, we have developed a simple questionnaire that can be used as a starting point to determine the answer to this.
As a rule – we suggest that if you answer “yes” to two or more of the following questions, you should contact us. We can help determine next steps, and potentially schedule you for an appointment for a free hearing test at our Roseville, MN location.
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you hear better through one ear than the other when you are on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following the conversation with two or more people talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you have trouble hearing in restaurants?
- Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do family members or coworkers remark about your missing what has been said?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?